…..Made with Natural Ingredients
Homemade facial masks, along with your regular skin care, can help you to add moisture
and fresh looking glow to all skin types. Homemade facial masks are not only less expensive
than those you buy at the store they can also be healthier than commercial facial masks, which
often contain chemicals and preservatives.
Regular facial treatments can improve skin texture, tone and overall appearance. Facials are
designed to eliminate clogged pores, blackheads, and other impurities affecting the appearance
and overall health of the skin. Your best facials can be prepared with substances that you already
have at home in the kitchen.
Before you use a homemade facial mask for your skin, knowing your skin type is very important
and can help you to choose the best for you.
There are five basic types of skin. To test which skin type you are, wipe your face with a
clean facial tissue or paper when you first wake up in the morning. How much oil you find and
where you find it will determine your skin type.
How to identify Normal Skin:
- Normal Skin is neither dry nor oily.
- The tested tissue will reveal some but not a lot of oil.
- It has even tone and smooth texture.
- It just looks equal (normal) in all areas and even pores are also not invisible.
- It has minimal lines or wrinkles.
- It may only get pimples occasionally.
How to identify Dry Skin:
- Dry Skin occurs when oil glands are not producing to keep skin normally lubricated.
- The tested tissue will not reveal any oil.
- It has a dull appearance and is often irritated or itchy.
- It also enhances the look of wrinkles.
- It feels tight, especially after cleansing.
How to identify Oily Skin:
- Oily Skin produces more Oil glands.
- The tested tissue will reveal a lot of oil.
- It has larger pores and more prone to develop acne and blackheads.
How to identify Combination Skin:
- Combination Skin produces more oil around their nose and forehead.
- The tested facial tissue will reveal oil in some spots of the face more than others.
- It drier skin around the cheeks and eyes.
- It has medium pores, a smooth and even texture.
How to identify Sensitive Skin:
- Sensitive Skin to be thin, delicate with fine pores.
- It can be normal, dry or oily.
- It is frequently allergic and can be rash.
- People with sensitive skin should use natural, gentle products which will be best for their skin.
SOME BASIC TIPS:
- Wash hands really clean before going for the skin treatment.
- Apply a bit of the prepared mask on your wrist before using on your face. You want to make sure
your skin does not show any bad reaction to it (allergies).
- If you feel irritated or burning, remove mask immediately.
- Take off jewelry, including earrings. Some of the chemicals in natural substances do not blend
well with metals.
- Clear your hair off of your face with a headband or scarf.
- Wash your face so that there is no makeup left behind.