It is not only important to take care of your skin but also hair during summer.
During summer, we sweat more and this tends to build up salt on the scalp and hair.
This salt build up along with increased temperatures can damage the cuticles.
All types (fine, medium, thick), textures (straight, wavy, naturally curly, coiled) and
conditions (healthy, damaged) of hair can suffer from too much summer sun which can
result in dryness, frizzy, moisture loss and prone to breakage.
Of course, you want to keep your hair healthy and shiny during these summer months,
because it adds to your own natural beauty.
SUMMER HAIR CARE TIPS:
Use pH balanced and mild shampoos or conditioning shampoos:
- pH balanced shampoos are designed to match the pH level of hair.
- The pH balance of your hair and skin is about 5 or slightly acidic.
- There are several reasons using a pH balanced shampoo is good for your hair.
- It closes the cuticle.
- It prevents damage.
- It prevents Oiliness.
- It keeps color.
- Hair regularly exposed to the sun needs regular deep conditioning treatments.
- Use a conditioner at least twice a week, especially if you spend a lot of time out in the sun.
- You must condition your hair at least twice a week to keep it well moisturized and bouncy.
Avoid Lemon juice for hair:
- Using peroxide during the summer can change the color of your hair more drastically than you
- Lemon juice dries out your hair and should be avoided.
Avoid hair colors, straightening:
- Hair that has been dyed is prone to UV damage.
- Color-treated hair is already damaged and the sun makes the cuticle even rougher.
- This makes the hair fragile and dried out.
- Too much sun exposure can cause fading to chemically enhanced color.
Cover your Hair:
- Before going out, make sure to cover your hair with a scarf/Cap to protect it from
pollution and dust.
- Invest in a hair conditioner that contains sunscreen.
- This will prevent your hair from harmful UV rays of the sun.
- The sweltering summer heat can cause your hair to become lifeless.
- It is therefore recommended for you to massage your hair with oil at least thrice a week.
- This not only keeps the hair in good health but also helps retain its moisture balance.
- The oils of Aloe, Almond, Olive and Coconut are best for massaging you.
- Get your hair trimmed every six to eight weeks.
- This will help your hair grow faster and also prevent it from drying out during the summer.
- Drink plenty of liquids to keep roots and strands flush with fluids.
- Water will also keep your skin soft.
- Water is always the best choice for your tresses.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Water not only hydrates your body, it helps give you healthy, shiny hair.
- Summer hair care can be easy if you maintain it.