Nail care has become a very important part of personal grooming. Some amount of attention
is definitely required to maintain the cleanliness of the nail. There are plenty of methods
by which the health of the nails can be taken care of, however the best method to follow
would be the natural ones.
However, I will get you know about natural methods for pedicure and manicure in my next post.
Before that it’s important to know about nail care and do and do not’s regarding nails.
Nails do not mean only the ones in the hands, but also the feet.
There are plenty of factors that affect the health of the nail.
DO AND DO NOT’S:
AVOID POWERFUL DETERGENTS AND SOAPS:
- Try to avoid usage of detergents and soaps as they have the ability to dry the nails.
- Thus, while using the powerful detergents, it’s recommended to wear gloves.
- There are some cases when the nails tend to darken and in such cases apply some lemon oil on the nail and massage it.
MOISTURIZE THE CUTICLE AREA:
Moisturizing the cuticle area helps to prevent cracking and peeling.
By wearing gloves, it helps to protect nails and cuticles from housework, gardening
and washing dishes.
APPLY HAND CREAM:
Do apply hand cream frequently especially after you have done washing hands and pay attention
to cuticle area.
- Apply sunscreen during the day on your hands and cuticles to prevent sun damage, which can
hurt your nails.
- Reapply every time you wash your hands.
AVOID OVER USE OF NAIL POLISH REMOVER:
Do not overuse any kind of nail polish remover. Try to use minimal amount.
SOAKING NAILS FOR LONGER PERIODS:
Do not soak nails for longer periods, and never use any kind of soap or detergents when soaking.