- Oily hair is a result of excessive sebum production from the sebaceous glands attached to
the hair follicle.
- This results in hair becoming dull, lacking volume and attracting dirt
- Oily hair is difficult to manage and hard to style.
- Oily hair is heavy and will not cooperate with any styling product you try.
- Oily hair needs proper care and regular washing, because dust and dirt stick to the hair
very easily, making it even more dull, wilted and lifeless.
Here are some tips regarding how to take care your oily hair.
- Regular shampooing is good for your oily hair, but you should not overdo it.
- This is because the body tends to produce more oil, when the hair is less greasy
AVOID CONDITIONING YOUR HAIR:
- Conditioner is not required for oily hair, because the product tends to make
the hair greasy.
- However, if you still want to use a conditioner, make sure that you apply it only
to the ends of your tresses, rather than the roots.
AVOID USING STYLING PRODUCTS:
- Avoid using styling products such as hair gel, hair spray, because they
moisten the hair, making it oilier.
DO NOT OVER BRUSH YOUR HAIR:
- Once you have your hair styled the way you want, leave it alone all day.
- Brushing your hair can distribute the oil along the length of your hair.
- Diet plays an important role in the secretion of oil by the sebaceous glands.
- Therefore, try to reduce the quantity of oil in your food.
- It is better to avoid deep-fried food.
- Replace the fried and fatty food with fresh fruits and vegetables.