It’s easy to get confused about acne and pimples.
Acne and pimple are skin disease conditions that commonly affect the teenagers.
Most of the time it is due to hormonal changes which occurs at the adolescent life.
WHAT IS PIMPLE?
- Pimple is mild type of acne and one form of acne.
- The sebum is (oily secretion) collected under the skin.
- Pimples are formed when the pores of the oil secreting glands are blocked.
- The tip of the pimple may be black or white.
- Pimples also can be infected by the bacteria.
WHAT IS ACNE?
- Acne is a much broader category.
- It includes not only pimples, but also whiteheads, blackheads, rosacea.
- Acne tends to indicate that you have more than one breakout.
- Acne can be caused by a number of factors like eating habits especially the consumption
of spicy foods and also hormonal disturbances noticed during the development phases of puberty
and also the small particles of dust in today’s polluted atmosphere which will cause the initial
blockage of the pores.
- Treating the acne/ pimples with retinoic acid will be harmful if the patient is pregnant.
- These drugs are teratogenic (harm to foetus).