- Stretch marks can occur in most of us and it is bit hard to get rid of.
- The rapid stretching of skin can be caused due to rapid growth, pregnancy, body building,
rapid gain of fat or losing weight.
- This can cause severe pull on your skin that overcomes the elasticity of your dermis.
- There is evidence that hormones play a role in stretch marks development.
- The most typical cause of stretch marks in women is due to weight gain and skin stretching
rapidly when a women is pregnant.
- In addition, hormonal changes can also cause woman to develop stretch marks during
- The sudden enlargement of the skin into several inches during nine months of a woman leads
to stretch marks.
STRETCH MARKS IN MEN(BODY BUILDING):
- Even men get stretch marks as women, but since skin tends to be thicker for males, they do not
suffer as universally as women do.
- Rapid growth of muscle in body building causes the skin to overstretch in a short period of
time, resulting in stretch marks.
- The usage of steroid based creams and ointments most used by body builders can contribute
towards stretch marks development.
COLOR OF STRETCH MARKS:
- Stretch marks do not look the same on everyone. The appearance of stretch marks depends on
the color of your skin; they can start out pink, reddish brown, brown or dark brown.
- Gaining weight is noted as the main cause for stretch marks as the elastin in your
dermis starts to damage because of the skin being stretched. The moment you lose weight the
stretch marks get noticeable.
- They may appear anywhere on your body but areas where larger amount of fat is stored can
mostly get stretch marks.
- Age is also one of the factors when it comes to stretch marks.
- Overtime, the body slows its production of collagen which leads to elastic skin.
COMMON PLACES FOR STRETCH MARKS:
- Most common places are the abdomen, breasts, upper and under arms, back, inner and
- However, no health risk is caused by these stretch marks but the appearance of these
reddish, pinkish and eventually white lines can be a bit unattractive for you.
Today, the best way to handle stretch marks is to prevent them as much as possible.
- Keep your weight in check and avoid becoming overweight and/or cycles of weight
- If you are body builder, consider a program that will help you develop and tone
- When you are pregnant, weight gain is inevitable (unavoidable) so keeping it to a reasonable
- Wearing a good support bra can help prevent tearing and stretching as your breasts gain volume.