- Maintaining and even improving your health and beauty starts with changing your habits.
- By practicing these habits regularly you get a great looking skin.
- Watch every inch of you and especially your face; starts to look younger, less stressed and
TOP HABITS FOR GOOD SKIN, HEALTH AND BEAUTY
EAT HEALTHY FOODS:
- All beauty and health magazines tell you to eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- But, still may people eat fast foods, canned foods etc. which lacks vitamins, minerals.
- So try to change your eating habits with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- A healthy looking skin needs a lot of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Fish, red vegetables, citrus fruits, berries, walnuts, flax seeds are good source for
omega-3 fatty acids.
- Water flushes our kidneys, helps in preventing kidneys, hydrates our body and skin.
- Drink minimum of 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- To keep skin hydrated and to maintain its elasticity, sufficient water intake is must.
- Apart from fluid intake, also eat lot of fruits such as watermelon, cucumber etc.
- Exercise does so much for your body. It not only helps you in keeping fit, but also works
wonders for your skin.
- Exercising boosts blood circulation, improves the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the skin
and makes it glow.
REDUCE SUN EXPOSURE:
- Frequent exposure to sun is good for us, i.e., preventing from vitamin D deficiency.
- But over exposure to sun leads to most of the skin related problems like early ageing, dullness,
dryness, rashes, brown spots, wrinkles are all results of over exposure to the harsh UV rays.
- So, when you step out, do not forget to wear sunscreen lotion/ sun block of at least SPF 15.
- Try to cover all your exposed body parts, else carry an umbrella.(OR)
- Wear hat regardless of the season.
- First and foremost, follow the rule of cleaning, toning and moisturizing.
- At least twice in a day, clean the face with mild face wash.
- Next, with the help of the toner, tight your pores.
- Finally massage for couple of minutes with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
- Before going to bed, wash your face; apply good night cream on your face, neck, hands and feet.
- This is the best time when your skin absorbs deep into your skin and brigs out best results.
SAY NO TO SMOKING:
- Smoking is not only bad for lungs but also causes wrinkles and loss of skin texture.
- It narrows the blood vessels, in which skin does not receives sufficient amount of oxygen and
nutrients resulting in dull and lifeless skin.
- If you are already a smoker, try to quit smoking.
TRY TO DRINK FEWER SOFT DRINKS & ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES:
- Replace soft drinks and alcoholic beverages with water which tone up your skin.
- Try to cut drinking coffee, cokes and beers.
- It is very important to remove every trace of makeup before going to bed.
- Most of the makeup materials contain chemicals, if you leave for overnight, it can
harm your skin.
AVOID HEAVY MAKEUP:
- It is also important to go for light makeup.
- Try to avoid wearing heavy makeup.
- Stress shows very badly on your skin if you are stressed for longer period of time.
- Stress releases stress hormones into your body which have a negative effect on your health.
- Stress can also cause redness, rashes, acne, blemishes and dark circles under eyes.
- Do meditation, to get relief from stress.
GET ENOUGH SLEEP:
- For clear and fresh looking skin, get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- It relaxes your mind, which shows on your skin.