- Your hair often reflects the health condition of your body.
- Hair looks healthy and shiny if the body is well nourished and lack of certain nutrients in your
diet can lead to hair shedding, thinning of hair, dry hair, dull hair and unhealthy hair.
- In short, what you eat plays a vital role in hair health.
- The problems that are caused due to nutritional deficiencies can be managed by maintaining
IMPORTANT VITAMINS FOR HEALTHY HAIR:
- It is an important anti oxidant helpful in the production of healthy sebum, synthesis of protein
and prevention of hair loss.
Food sources of Vitamin A:
VITAMIN B COMPLEX:
- Vitamins like vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin B9
plays an important role in maintaining healthy hair.
- These vitamins prevents hair loss, helps in growth and repairs damaged hair, promotes
circulation in scalp and also prevents graying of hair.
Food sources of Vitamin B:
Green leafy vegetables
Whole germ cereals
- It helps in the synthesis of hair protein and also helps in blood circulation.
Food sources of vitamin E:
- It mainly helps in prevention of graying of hair, hair loss and also helps in the synthesis of hair
- Deficiency of this vitamin leads to itchy and scaly scalp