- The treatment for excessive hair is not preferred if no abnormal aetiology are diagnosed.
- Several medications are also available for the treatment of hirsutism.
- These medications can decrease the amount of body hair, stop the growth of new hair and
decrease the growth rate and coarseness of existing hair.
- Most of these medications must be taken for at least six months before improvement is
detectable, and not all medications are equally effective in all women.
BIRTH CONTROLLING PILLS:
- Birth control pills lower the levels of androgens.
- They are usually the first choice for the treatment of hirsutism.
- Birth control pills can also help establish regular menstrual cycles in women who have
irregular cycles or who do not menstruate at all.
- Anti-androgens are medications that directly decrease androgen production or block the
action ofandrogens on the hair follicle.
- These medications may cause birth defects, an effective form of birth control(eg::birth control
pills) is required for sexually active premenopausal women who take anti androgens.
- If you are overweight, weight loss can decrease the levels of androgens in your body leading to
reduced hair growth.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycle may also notice that their cycle becomes regular after
HAIR REMOVAL METHODS: