- A healthy scalp needs a constant supply of blood circulation.
- Hair follicles with constant supply of blood will remain healthy and active.
- A poorly treated scalp can lead to dandruff, itchiness.
- General tensions and stress can inhibit blood flow to your head causing headaches, eye strain,
poor concentration, hair loss, depression and other symptoms.
- Your eyes will relax and look brighter and regular massage will ensure strong, shiny hair by
releasing tension in the scalp and alleviate anxiety and depression.
- This scalp massages helps to redistribute your own special scalp oil, sebum to protect and
nourish your scalp and fight dryness and flaking.
- By redirecting blood flow to needy areas, scalp massages can help fill in thinning areas
or speed up hair growth.
- If you are experiencing thinning of hair in certain area or just want to help nourish, scalp
massaging is right for you.
- The beauty of giving or receiving a scalp massage can be done at home or at work with
or without the use of essential oils.
The major benefits are:
- The massage oil used during the scalp massage helps to lubricate the scalp which may be
beneficial for dry hair and scalp.
- In addition, the kneading motions used in the massage treatment can be quite relaxing because
of the many nerve endings located in the scalp.
- There are number pressure points on the head.
- There are specific areas that can be stimulated to achieve pain relief by simply applying gentle.
pressure with the thumbs.
- A well executed scalp massage is beneficial to any healthy hair care regimen.
- It is best to do scalp massages with essential oils before wash. This keeps your scalp clean
and clog free.
- Essential oils provide a tingle for your scalp that will help increase the blood circulation.
DOES SCALP MASSGAE PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH?
- Unfortunately, there is no evidence that scalp massage works for treatment of thinning
or slow growing hair.
- Although the kneading motions of the massage may stimulate blood flow to the scalp and help
tonourish it, but its effect on hair growth has never been proven.
- This is because the scalp massage reduce stress, it could have some effect on the rate of hair
growth by reducing level of stress hormones such as cortisol.
- Stress and elevated cortisol levels have been associated with hair loss in some people.