OIL OF YOUR CHOICE:(Almond, Olive etc):
- Adding about 2 tablespoons of ay essential oil of your choice to the mix is great for dry hair
and damaged tresses.
- It also makes the henna glide on easy and rinse out quicker than usual.
- It also acts as a detangler even after the hair is rinsed.
- An egg can also help quench dry hair and acts as a power-packed protein rinse
- Yogurt helps in reducing frizzies and aids in application. Just add about 3 tablespoons per 4 ounces of henna.
- Adding clove powder into henna will deepen and enhance the color.
- Adding beetroot into henna gives burgundy color to your hair
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR:
- Adding about 2 tablespoons of vinegar boosts henna’s staying power in grey hair.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice brightens blonde tones and helps to combat brassiness.
- Replacing water in the henna mixture with coffee deepens auburn tones and adds deeper browns to your overall color.
- Try replacing the water in the mixture with rose hip tea, hibiscus tea, or even red-hued fruit teas to make your auburn hues gorgeous.
- Try a black tea – For more golden brown highlights.
- Try chamomile tea-For brighten blonde hair and add some highlights
- 3 tablespoons of molasses enhances and adds depth to red tones.